- Before disassembling your iPhone, be sure it is powered off.
- Remove the two 3.6 mm Phillips screws next to the dock connector. (Apple has recently substituted the two Phillips screws with 5-Point "Pentalobe" screws. If your iPhone 4 has 5-Point "Pentalobe" screws instead of Phillips, please refer to the second picture.)
- Remove the two 3.6 mm Pentalobe screws next to the dock connector.
- During reassembly, we recommend you replace the 5-point screws with equivalent Phillips screws. Our Liberation Kit provides the tools and screws needed to replace the Pentalobe screws with Phillips screws.
- The 5-Point Screwdriver should only be used once, as it has the potential to strip the screws.
- Push the rear panel toward the top edge of the iPhone. (The panel will move about 2 mm.)
- Lift the rear panel away from the iPhone.